Some little tidbits on this that may solidify or scare you away from purchase:
- Ontario received 400 - we beat their Utopia-to-people ratio by about 9,000!
- There were 54 barrels of this produced - about 15,000 bottles (710ml) they say.
- In Ontario, you could only order it by phone - all sold out in 2.5 hours, at $115 each.
- In the USA, this routinely sold in stores for about $180 - $250. It's a comparative steal in Canada.
- Think of it more as a spirit - with no carbonation, it clocks in at about 29% alcohol by volume, and will keep for years, even after opening.
- Maple syrup plays a big part in this edition, apparently, with many tasters noting it felt sticky, tasted sweet, or that they thought it would be good on some really decadent pancakes or waffles.
- If you'd like to see what crazy nonsense went into making this brew (some of the liquid in it is going on 20 yrs old now, supposedly), look no further.